Anyone can use Bulk SMS for Marketing Campaigns, from small businesses to marketing agencies. Bulk SMS can be used to send reminders, update customers, send promotional or discount offers, run competitions, confirm bookings or confirmations. Bulk SMS can be used to send heartfelt messages.
Advantages of Bulk SMS
- Bulk SMS marketing is cost-effective, even small businesses find it affordable. Mobile users find messages trustworthy.
- Bulk SMS allows for easy communication. It allows your customers to take simple actions through two-way SMS messaging.
- Target-customers are always with their phones, which makes bulk SMS marketing a very lucrative way to target and communicate with them.
- Bulk SMS has a 98% open rate compared to a 22% open rate of emails.
- 47% of beneficiaries who click an SMS-link make a buy.
- 6 billion individuals use mobile phones and 90% of individuals read SMS within 3 seconds.
Disadvantages of Bulk SMS
It must be noted that Bulk SMS as a medium of communication does not have any disadvantage, it is the way businesses use the platform that makes it a problem.
You can be a nuisance to your recipients if you neglect some basic details in your SMS:
- Always include an opt-out feature: You should always give people the option to continue receiving SMS messages from you or not. This feature helps you narrow down those you should be sending your SMS messages to.
- Always include a clear CTA (call to action): If people receive messages that don’t have a clear intention, it can be annoying. Always ensure that you direct people to another link or your social media page. This allows them to take useful actions for your business.
- Always keep it Short and Simple: SMS messages should be straight to the point. SMS messages that feature tacky, “wordy” communication will not do well. Keep it short and simple and recipients are likely to appreciate it more.
These are just some of the ways you can improve the way you engage with your audience via Bulk SMS messaging. Done correctly, it is a proven marketing channel that can bring about huge benefits for businesses of all sizes.
Was this helpful??? Read our post on why businesses should promote their products and services with SMS marketing.